Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Isn't it ironic?

Three days ago, I blogged about how easy Hayden's PDU appointments are now. Well, today Dr. Stoffman suggested that we should skip a trip to the Children's Hospital and just do the lumbar puncture in the clinic...today....awake! I almost swallowed my tongue trying to keep my mouth shut. Hayden responded by ducking his chin into his chest and quietly shaking his head. I'm pretty sure he thought we were going to do it anyway because he had tears in his eyes. The doctor immediately retracted his suggestion and I did not flip out (so close). I simply told Hayden later, when we had a chance to talk, that I think he made the right decision.

Yeah, I really do think...

2 comments:

Sandy Nemeth said...

I think you make the right decision too.

The Hantscher's said...

Hi Bennetts - crazy but Dane actually did the spinal tap in Clinic in early Feb and it was a breeze! Honestly, he was a little nervous but it went soooo smoothly. He felt better after too because of no sedation. It was totally his choice because he didn't want to miss a track meet - crazy kid!!! Hope all is good with hockey playoffs - the Hantschers