Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year!

Benjamin Franklin said: Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man.

It's a nice idea but frankly, I think my vices are what got me through the last 2 years. Oh well, I suppose I get the point about neighbours...but I'm not in the market for a better man.

The sun is once again shining in the Bennett house. Hayden has finally rebounded from the flu and a 5-day stretch of steroids that felt more like 5 weeks. The flu hit on the 22nd and even though he stopped barthing shortly after, he lacked energy and an appetite until yesterday. The steroids didn't help either. As it turned out, we canceled most of our plans over the holidays but we still enjoyed it, and our boy back now so all's well.

Back to school on Thursday. Back to clinic next Tuesday. Back to our 'normal' routine. I'm ready...it's time.

Hope you enjoyed the very best of the holidays. Cheers to a happy 2011!

No comments: